Monday, March 7, 2016

September-October 2015


As you may know, there is a church in GGIS on Sunday mornings that I attend. This past week, my friends, Pasha, Tim, and I have been building many things for it including a stage, pulpit and cross.

We have had a week-long fall break at GGIS which has been nice but by day two I was ready to see the students again. I am so blessed to be able to teach these kids. It really is a mission field that comes to you.

We had a high school retreat at the end of September where we take all the high school students out to the countryside for a weekend. It was a great time with them, getting to know new students and hearing the Word. One senior, Jay, a Chinese boy, has had a spiritual awakening so to speak. He went to a camp this summer and was really touched by God. He has stepped up this year and become a leader in the school. He asked if he could pray in Chinese for all of the Chinese students after a message one night. It was amazing. I have no idea what he said but many of the students who we know are unsaved walked away with tears in their eyes.

My birthday was last weekend and my friends threw me a surprise party! It was so much fun! I am so thankful for all of them and the different, unique life that they each bring to the team here. I couldn’t ask for a better group of people to surround myself with while living here.

Pasha and his wife, Ruth, will be moving back to America sometime in the next few weeks. He has his interview on Tuesday and they will find out shortly after when they can go. Pray for safety and God’s perfect plan for them as they start this next chapter of their life.

Also, if you think of it, please keep me in your prayers the next few weeks. I have been struggling with a few different things lately (nothing serious, Dad) and could use some prayer.

Thank you all for reading! Sorry the newsletter is a little late this month!

Love,



Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment