Monday, March 7, 2016

May-June 2015


This will be my last newsletter for the summer as I will be back in America later this week. I will be in the U.S. from June till the end of July, and hope to see most of you.

I just got back from speaking at one of the Korean churches in Budapest. There are several and a lot of students from GGIS attend this particular one. I had a great time with all of the young people and hope to be able to speak there more often when I return from the summer break. Please pray for this as they need someone to take over the teen ministry.

If you recall, I asked you to pray for a Chinese girl a few months back. She had been struggling with the idea of becoming a Christian and had asked me quite a few questions about Christianity and just life in general. I am pleased to report that God answered your prayers and she accepted Christ as her Savior. I don’t know when or how but I asked her in the hallway the other day and she was very excited to tell me, yes, she is now a believer. I’m so amazed by the ministry we have here.

As some of you know, GGIS is preparing to expand into a neighboring building this summer. It’s a great thing because it will allow our school to grow and we will be able to have more students in our larger facilities. There is a TON of work left to do in two short months but I believe that God is in it and the work will get done. Please keep this in your prayers as well as Hungarian construction is notoriously slow.

We had an end of year baptism at GGIS and over 130 people were there to watch several of our students get baptized. There were families of Chinese students who were baptized and friends of the kids in the school. Afterwards, we had a bonfire where people were able to speak about their school year and how God has impacted them this year. It’s really amazing to hear how this little school in Hungary can change so many lives around the world. We don’t know what the impact is on students but God is working in every heart in a specific way.

As I prepare come back to America, I am a little sad to close out this school year but I am also expecting great things from God in the coming year. I will be a full-time teacher next year, spending all of my time with the middle-school (pray for me). I will most likely be taking over the leadership of the youth group at GGIS and possibly at the Korean Church as I mentioned before. I am so grateful for these opportunities that God is giving me here.

I love you all and hope to connect with you this summer. God bless, Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment