Monday, March 7, 2016

August-September 2015


School has started here in Budapest! We are now in our second week, the new building is complete and classes are normalizing. I am still getting used to my new schedule and all that some with it, grading, planning etc. but things have been going really well.

We have church at the new GGIS chapel on Sunday mornings and use it for Bible class and special events during the week. I can't believe how much more space we have now! It makes me wonder how we were able to pack our entire school into one building before we got this second one.

I have been teaching the book of Psalms in Bible class. It has gone well so far. I think my favorite part is actually the planning for it. Soon I will speak on Psalm 19. It's interesting if you look at the list that the Psalmist gives. He says to cleanse me from secret sin in verse 12. This is what happens when we see what it says before that: The word gets in me, I have a testimony, His thoughts change me, I can see His will, I have respect for His call on my life because I agree with the things He has said about me.

Please don't believe everything you hear on the news concerning the refugees. I walked through a major train station the other day. You can see the tents which were donated to them and are being used as temporary housing. In this particular camp, there is running water, bathrooms and a doctor present to help out. It is still very rough but not at all as bad as what some people seem to think. These people are fleeing their own country where things are much worse. We have met quite a few Christians who had been persecuted for their faith. They know that this life is just a pilgrimage.

Please keep the refugees in prayer as well as the students here at school. Our weekly Bible study on Friday nights has been going well, pray that more students attend though as I won't be satisfied until the entire high school comes out.

I asked you to pray for my friend, Pasha, in my last newsletter. Good news! He has an interview scheduled with the American Embassy in October and afterwards will be able to emigrate to the Unite States.

Thank you for your continued prayers and support, God bless,

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment