Monday, March 7, 2016

November-December 2015


Sorry I haven't written recently according to my normal schedule. GGIS went on Christmas break and I did too. Haha

For Thanksgiving I went to Israel for five days. What an amazing time that was! It's incredible to see all of the biblical sites- Engedi, Jerusalem, the Mount of Olives, David's palace and of course the Wailing Wall. So many people go there and to see the things Christ saw and everything but it was cool for me to look at the people that Christ saw. I think this is more important. These are people searching for a Savior but then not recognizing Him when He came. It's like this all over the world, especially at Christmas time. A friend of mine just lost his mom after a long battle with illness (please pray for him) and as we went from house to house together on and around Christmas we were talking about how lonely you can get this time of year. I feel it especially when school is out. There is so much happening and going on and then nothing. The whole world seems to stop and you can forget that you have a purpose. If I feel like this as a believer I can't imagine how the unbeliever feels. This is why Christ came. Below are some pictures from my trip.

I taught a few Christmas Bible classes before the break and spoke all about the importance of the virgin birth, the hypostatic union and a few other Christmassy topics. It was a lot of fun just to study these things out again after a while. I kept thinking about what Pastor Schaller said all those years ago about learning it all over and doing it all over again. That's a good thought for this new year.

Christmas was fun, as I mentioned before, I went house hopping. On the 23rd I went to visit the Jako family, they have been a part of the church and school for much longer than I've been in Budapest and their daughters are all in GGIS. They are such a wonderful family. On the 24th I went to the Knight's (American missionary family/ principal of the school) house where we had a really relaxed time playing with their new puppy and chatting by the fire. It was a very comforting time and very relaxing. Christmas Day I went to an English/Russian missionary family's house where we opened presents, put together Legos with the kids and played games all day. I was so busy those days that I didn't leave my house after that. Haha

That's about it from here. Thank you all for praying for me. I hope you all have a happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment