Sunday, March 6, 2016

August-September 2014

Hello again from Budapest!

It has been about a month since I got back from my summer in America. I really had an amazing time this summer visiting the congregations at Trinity Church in Rotterdam, and the Greater Grace Church of Broadalbin, NY. These are two very special groups of people who really have a mind for missions. I had a wonderful time speaking at Trinity and hope to see both churches again soon.

It was also good to spend some much needed time with my family, helping out around the house and just being available for anyone who needed me.

I hit the ground running, starting work the following morning after I returned and then putting in quite a bit of overtime getting the school ready before the students arrived. I also found out that I would be teaching a class full time, Seventh Grade English. I was a little nervous trying to figure out what to do at first but there are enough seasoned veterans on the team here that it didn’t take long to get mentally and academically prepared. So far (we are in our second week of school now) things have gone really well. I love the students and the class has been great.

The GGIS High School Retreat was this weekend. It was an amazing time of fellowship with the students and other High School teachers. The retreat is kind of like a mini summer camp, we play games, have “Olympics” and of course share the Word. On Friday night we opened up our campfire for testimonies and a lot of students spoke. One particular student who struggled quite a bit last year spoke about how he had been unknowingly leaving God out of his life. He is in Eighth grade now, (my Bible class) and believe me, he was a terror last year. This summer he was able to be around the Body and God did a huge work in his life; it was evident from the moment he stepped foot in the school on the first day. He is now taking a Bible College class and is eating up the Word every day. God is really using us here to touch the lives of these students. Below is a picture of the teachers who went on the Retreat.

My friend, Pasha, and I are praying about starting a new outreach in one of the main squares in the city. We have been thinking about it individually for a while and were surprised when we both mentioned it last week. Please keep us in prayer as we decide whether to go forward with it or not.

A few other things to pray for are:
1. Salvations in GGIS and on the streets as we minister.
2. My health, I have been a little beat up physically lately.
3. Finances.







No comments:

Post a Comment