Monday, March 7, 2016

February 2016

I am a little bit late on my newsletter this month because I wanted to wait until Eurocon was over. Eurocon is the GGWO European convention, hosted annually in Budapest.

It seemed like I blinked and it was gone. There were so many Americans here this year, many of whom left on Saturday. I am a little disappointed I couldn't spend more time with them, but it's ok. I'm glad a family of friends is still here and I hope to see them a little more this week before they leave. What an awesome family. I am always amazed by their purpose and determination to stay positive. I was thinking last night while sitting with Pastor Barry that a true friend is someone who can correct you when you're wrong or when you've messed up and then forget about the stupid thing you just did. There were several times this happened with me and him and yet there is nothing between us. In fact, I trust him more because of this.

I think God is the exact same way, though we often fail to realize it. Pastor preached on the Friday of Eurocon about Jesus standing there with his arms open all day long. It's difficult to remember this sometimes. I can be so focused on what I did or how I messed up that I don't even see Jesus standing there with his arms open. I forget that He still loves me.

That was such a powerful message and exactly what I needed. It was also a great door opener for two of my students who were there that night. After talking with them after the message, both prayed to receive Christ. I was blown away. These are two students who I had been praying for since I moved to Budapest in 2013, and I am so excited that they made this decision. One of them asked so many questions about the messages and was beaming the next day during the evening session.

We must always remember that it's God's desire that all come to Him. He stands there with His arms open, waiting for us, loving us, even from a distance. He loves the believer and the unbeliever equally. I can become so overwhelmed when I see only the details of life and over the past few months I have been extremely overwhelmed with all that is happening at work and in my personal life, but this conference kind of shoved me back into the right mindset. I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to have my arms open, pointing people to Christ.

I am also thankful that my parents were able to come and visit this week. They had a great time traveling to Vienna and Prague as well as attending the conference. I saw them off this morning (at 5 am) and can't wait to go to bed tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment