Saturday, March 2, 2019

March 2019

I have been thinking recently a lot about love. I Corinthians 13:13 says that the greatest thing is love.

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to do a chapel for the high school and spoke about I Corinthians 13, but really the second half, “Now that I have become a man, I’ve put away childish things.” The next week in the weekly Bible study, we spoke about how I love allows me to put others ahead of myself. The week after that, we spoke about how powerful our words are, not only in our lives, but also when we speak to others. Finally, last night, our topic was God is love.

Each of those thoughts is really incredible. Think about them with me for a few minutes.

Maturity is loving not only others but myself. I put away childish thoughts and speech, and just love.

When I am motivated by love, I lay down my life for others. No greater love has any man than this- that he would lay down his life for his friends.

God created us in His image, and He created everything by His word. We obviously can’t create physical objects with our words, but we can influence people for good or bad with our words. I can create barriers for someone or tear them down with my words. With loving words I can inspire hope in someone, I can encourage someone in their faith, I can impart Christ to them.

Finally, God is love. What a powerful statement. What does it mean? At first it seems like a nice Christian phrase, but when you think about it, what is the point of John writing this?

God is love.

God isn’t childish. He is our Father.

God is the best I can ever give someone.

God is who I need to speak about.

There are so many things to speak about in the world today- celebrities, politics, education, finances, even religion, but don’t forget that God is love.

Let’s put aside idle talk and talk about God. Talk about Him when you are with your family. Talk about Him when you’re with your friends. Talk about him in school. Talk about Him at work. Talk about Him when you are alone. God is love and love is greater than anything else in the world today.

God bless you guys! I hope to see some of you at Eurocon!

No comments:

Post a Comment