Saturday, December 1, 2018

December 2018 (Goodbye)

Hi Everybody,

In Ecclesiastes 3:1, the Bible tells us “To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven.” I don’t know who or how many people read this newsletter, so this might be old news to those of you who do read it, but my time living in Hungary is ending. I have resigned from GGIS and will be moving back to Baltimore in June, 2019.

I remember when I first met with Pastor Schaller about coming to Hungary back in 2012. God was moving in mighty ways in my life at that time. I was just starting my third year of Bible College at MBC&S and all summer I had been going to the week night outreaches. I remember praying for hours on end about what God wanted me to do in my future. I knew I wanted to go somewhere, I had gone to Eurocon to visit Hungary and loved it.

I moved here the following January to do my practicum. That was supposed to be for six months.

Here I am six years later, and now this chapter of my life is coming to a close.

The first part of the Ecclesiastes 3:1 is what I have always thought about; however, recently I have been thinking about that second part more and more- “A time for every purpose under heaven.”

It’s amazing that an eternal God uses time to accomplish His purpose in our finite physical lives.
What was the purpose in my time in Hungary?
I have learned what my gifts are. I have learned what I love to do. I have learned who I am and who I am not. I have learned to lean on God and less on myself. I have learned patience and how to trust God when things don’t go how I want them to. I have learned how to apply the knowledge I acquire from the Word. I have learned that I have nothing to offer people except what God has given to me. I have learned that God’s unfailing love is the greatest motivator in people’s lives. I have learned that serving money leads nowhere. I have learned that I am a changed person.

I have learned that more than one-fifth of my life has now been spent on the mission field.

I have learned that I hope that someday when I am much older I can still say the same thing.

God has truly blessed me in my time here. It will be very difficult to leave when the time comes, but I know that just like God gives new seasons, He has a purpose in that season.

I look forward to seeing what God’s purpose is in this next season.






No comments:

Post a Comment